Re: Graphics toolkit issues

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Graphics toolkit issues
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 21:18:03 -0800

On Sun, Jan 24, 2016 at 20:41:20 -0800, AdamG wrote:
> I am having issues plotting with Octave. If I run it normally and try to
> plot, I get errors saying "insufficient GL support". I tried to switch the
> graphics toolkit to gnuplot, by using the following commands:
>
> register_graphics_toolkit ("gnuplot")
> graphics_toolkit ("gnuplot")
>
> Unfortunately, I get an error from the second command. It says "error:
> __init_gnuplot__: the gnuplot program is not available, see
> 'gnuplot_binary'". This doesn't make sense because I have gnuplot installed.
> It's version 4.6. I'm running Slitaz Linux. It's possible that the package
> has a bug, but I don't know. Any ideas?

Yes, this indicates to me that gnuplot is not executable on your system
as simply "gnuplot". Is it in the PATH known to Octave? Do you need to
execute it as /opt/something/gnuplot? If so, you should set PATH
appropriately or use the gnuplot_binary function to tell Octave where
gnuplot is (or what the program's name is).

--
mike