Re: Question on datestr()

From: Dr.-Ing. Dieter Jurzitza
Subject: Re: Question on datestr()
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 21:44:10 +0100

Hi Nick,
thank you very much for sheding some light on this issue. I took the manual
wrong, I had thought this would behave similar as the shell command "date",
what is wrong.
Now I switched to system() & date, as date seems to be more flexible in this
regard.
I got what I had had wanted to get in the meantime,
thanks again

Dieter Jurzitza

Am Montag, 25. Januar 2016, 07:34:55 schrieb Nicholas Jankowski:
> On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 3:55 AM, address@hidden <
>
> date:
> Return the current date as a character string in the form DD-MMM-YYYY.
>
> so when you pass date to datestr, you're only passing it the calendar date,
> already as a string, and not any information for it to process a time of
> day.  format 31 then just displays zeros for time , as it should.
****

                                \

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font
with constant spacing like courier! :-)