Re: hasinfNaN function

From: Terry Duell
Subject: Re: hasinfNaN function
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 20:01:45 +1100

Hello Oliver,

On Thu, 21 Jan 2016 17:26:36 +1100, Oliver Heimlich <address@hidden> wrote:

On 21.01.2016 05:39, Terry Duell wrote:
Hello All,
I am trying to work with some public domain matlab code, but fall foul
of a missing function, 'hasinfNaN'.
At first I assumed it was a standard matlab function, but references
only turn up in a few sites that are unrelated to mathworks.
Has anyone seen this function, or aware of a description of it?
I am guessing that it checks for inf or NaN values in any matrix passed
to it, but it may be more than that.

Cheres,

I haven't seen an implementation yet, but I'd say that you can replace
it with:
        not (isfinite (x))

When working with matrices you could use
        any (vec (not (isfinite (x)))

Thus far that solution is working. I'm now bumping up against a new error, so I can't can't be absolutely sure, but it's looking good...or a lot better than it was :-)
Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
--
Regards,