Re: Need quick start on plotting 3D points

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: Need quick start on plotting 3D points
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 08:17:28 -0800 (PST)

Bob001 wrote
> Hi, I have very limited experience with Octave, and I need help plotting
> some points from a data file. The points are 3D, in the format x,y,z.
>
> I can easily adjust the format of the data file as necessary. I just need
> someone to help me get up and running with the correct command syntax for
> reading the file and plotting the points. I just need to plot the points
> as points, no meshes or surfaces or anything fancy.

What is the file format?

Plotting the data could be as easy as:

h = plot3 (X, Y, Z, '*k')

where '*k' codes for a black asterisk marker.

Other markers and colors are found here:
https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Two_002dDimensional-Plots.html#Two_002dDimensional-Plots
(ignore 2D here, just plot with plot3() ).

Philip