Re: Problems with Dynare

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Problems with Dynare
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 07:35:57 -0500

On Nov 11, 2015 3:38 AM, "Christiano Modesto Penna" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear all,
> I am trying to run the attached model with Dynare inside the Octave but I did not succeed.
> It works good on Matlab but when I use the Octave the programm never returns me the results...
> Does any one could help me?
>
> Atenciosamente,
>
> Christiano Penna

I'm not familiar with Dynare so I had to google it to see what you were referring to. Apparently Dynare is a unofficial tool box or package written by Northwestern University to do macro economic model simulation. From the help page they seem to indicate that it should work with both MATLAB and octave. However the web page does not indicate what version of octave they last tested Dynare with, it's possible at some incompatibility has crept in. Unless someone else on this mailing list happens to use Dynare you'll have to do some troubleshooting to figure this out.

We will need more specific information from you to know if we can help or not. Could you tell us what error message you get when you try to run the model? Maybe more importantly did you follow the Quick Start instructions on the dynare webpage for setting it up to work with octave?

Nick J