Re: pkg install -forge seems broken

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: pkg install -forge seems broken
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 18:05:32 +0100

Please Elini,

do NOT email directly to developers, use the help-octave mailing list. And keep the help-octave mailing list in cc

Read on...

Siva, Elilini  wrote:
Hi Philip,

Firstly, thanks for developing Octave – it’ll be very helpful once I’ve
successfully installed it.

I have downloaded Octave and the IO package, so that I may use xlsread.
On attempting to install, I get the following

<unreadable screenshot>

Please copy verbatim from the terminal.

I could decipher something like
 "...could not read URL, please verify internet connection"

Well, that error message is clear enough.
==> Did you check your internet connection?

Philip