Re: Show editor and command window at same time?

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: Show editor and command window at same time?
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 08:57:42 -0700 (PDT)

James Sherman wrote
> On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 4:27 PM, Philip Nienhuis <

> pr.nienhuis@

> > wrote:
> <long snip>
>> A return question to you:
>> Is it (still) really completely impossible on Windows to drag any pane
>> outside the Octave window?  (ISTR we discussed this some years ago, maybe
>> in
>> some bug report)
>
> I just installed 4.0.0 on Windows (had been lazy and been using
> 3.8.2), but I can certainly unlock the windows from the Octave window
> and move them around as desired.

Sure, but can you drag a docked pane out of the Octave window and does it
then stay outside, -or- can you only get panes to be undocked permanently by
clicking on the "undock" button? (see my other post for a picture)

On my Windows boxes, I can drag any docked pane anywhere incl. outside the
Octave window like you seem to describe, but when I release the mouse button
while the pane is outside the Octave window it jumps back to its original
position in the Octave window.
IOW, panes cannot be undocked by just dragging (under Windows).

Philip