Re: Show editor and command window at same time?

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Show editor and command window at same time?
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 11:11:48 -0400

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 11:18 AM, Chuck37 <address@hidden> wrote:
I just pulled Octave for the first time in a long time and am very happy that
there is an integrated editor.  I'm running on windows.  My workflow in
matlab always involves being able to see the editor and command window at
the same time, so I can paste back and forth, among other things.  I can't
see how to do this in Octave.  Is it possible?  Clicking the run icon and
seeing nothing until I pick the command window tab is fairly annoying.
Thanks.

Click over to the Editor tab. in the upper right of the Editor pane (on the same line line as the word Editor) there is a small x to close the editor, and another icon to the left of the x.  that will pop the Editor out into a separate Window, which you can position however you'd like (I do side-by side).  If you'd prefer to keep the Editor in the same window as the command window, the Icon will have changed to another icon with the tooltip "dock widget". clicking that will place it back in the Octave window, but not as a tab. you can then drag the title of that Editor pane to different areas of the Octave window depending on your location preference (top and bottom, side by side ,etc etc.