Re: Octave 4.0.0 Fedora package

From: Terry Duell
Subject: Re: Octave 4.0.0 Fedora package
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 12:36:37 +1000

On Thu, 25 Jun 2015 16:27:27 +1000, Terry Duell <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello All,
Anyone have any idea why Octave 4.0.0 hasn't appeared in Fedora updates for Fedora 21 or 22?
Even in Fedora 23 the latest available package is Octave-3.8.2.
I know it can sometimes take a bit of time to get all the packaging sorted, but I can't even see any test build activity with Octave 4.0.0.

I can now partially answer my own question, which may be of help to other Fedora users.
A Fedora 23 src.rpm for octave-4.0.0 can be found here...

<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6907158/octave-4.0.0-1.fc23.src.rpm>

which can be rebuilt to generate octave-4.0.0-1...rpm and octave-devel-4.0.0-1...rpm, using rpmbuild or mock, for your Fedora release. I rebuilt for Fedora 21 x86_64 and thus far it seems OK.

I have not found any info on why there is no official build of octave-4.0.0 for the Fedora updates repo.

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell