Re: Re: changing terminal size

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Re: changing terminal size
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 15:04:30 -0400

On 06/23/2015 02:02 PM, Francesco Potortì wrote:

Hm.  Disabling line editing is conceptually different from assuming that
you cannot ask for terminal size, as far as I know.  Am I wrong?

It is a separate issue, but I think that we have used readline functions to query terminal size and the current implementation assumes that those functions are not available if you disable line editing. I guess it should really use them if they are available, even if line editing is not enabled.

jwe