Re: Package installation trouble

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Package installation trouble
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 07:49:19 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----
>From: Vinicio Serment Moreno <address@hidden>
>To: Tatsuro MATSUOKA <address@hidden>
>Cc: address@hidden
>Date: 2015/6/24, Wed 00:32
>Subject: Re: Package installation trouble
>

>> Sorry for mistype. "getevn" should be "getenv".
>> # The "getenv" function returns a string value of an environmental variable
>> specified by an argument.
>
>Yes, thank you, now I geet
>>> getenv('PATH')
>C:\Octave\Octav
>e-4.0.0\libexec\octave\4.0.0\exec\i686-w64
>-mingw32;C:\Octave\Octave-4.0.0\bin
>
>among others

OK It is ordinal.

>> I could not find an attachment file on the reply main nor Nabble ML archives.
>> Please send it again. If you cannot attach it, please just paste in the mail
>> main text.
>
>Sorry that I missed the attachment

>>octavetrick_gui.bat

error: 'octavetrick_gui' undefined near line 1 column 1

Oh! Perhaps you seem to type it from octave prompt.
My explanation is not enough.

Batch file should be executed from normal Windows screen by double clicking the
icon of it
or type batch file name from windows command window (cmd.exe).

The batch file call octave.vbs.
The octave.vbs is visual basic like windows shell script which
completes set other octave related environments variables.

The parts after calling octave.vbs should be deleted
I show modified batch files.

#***********************************************
@echo off

Rem (comment will be better modified according the advise the below )
Rem (But it is not requirement because these are comments)

set PATH=C:\octave\Octave-4.0.0;C:\octave\Octave-4.0.0\bin
start octave.vbs --force-gui
exit

#***********************************************

The purpose of this batch file is not

"Find Octave's install directory through cmd.exe variables."

Purpose is
"Delete the all other path variables that might conflict the PATH for octave."

My explanation was not enough

In the this *local* batch file environments, path setting for anaconda is
deleted

(and also other all path which might be no relation for this matter).
This is *local* setting and the setting does not affect global setting of PATH.

This kind of batch file trick sometimes is used on windows in order to avoid
conflicts
on the global path setting.

Tatsuro