Re: Package installation trouble

From: Vinicio Serment Moreno
Subject: Re: Package installation trouble
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 10:32:21 -0500

> Sorry for mistype. "getevn" should be "getenv".
> # The "getenv" function returns a string value of an environmental variable specified by an argument.

Yes, thank you, now I geet
>> getenv('PATH')
C:\Octave\Octav
e-4.0.0\libexec\octave\4.0.0\exec\i686-w64
-mingw32;C:\Octave\Octave-4.0.0\bin

among others

> I could not find an attachment file on the reply main nor Nabble ML archives.
> Please send it again. If you cannot attach it, please just paste in the mail main text.

Sorry that I missed the attachment

> "your freeware"
> NO! Octave is a free software for everyone who use it.
> Many people are involved in the project like other projects.

Sure, sorry about the missunderstading, by "your freeware" I meant the Octave software created by the development team, and freely available for everyone under the free software license. Once again, great work of the development and supporting teams.

> The issue comes from the environmental variable interference between annaconda3 and octave.

> My computers do not have annaconda and no problems occurred in pkg install.
> Of course, I can say that annaconda is not also a crime of issue.

Yes, and it would be great that somewhat in a nearby future I can learn Python too. I'm familiar with MATLAB but my time as student is coming to an end (hopefully =P), and I've been patiently awaiting for the Octave 4.0.0 version to come along =), great work.

Anyways, thank you Tatsuro.

Vinicio

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 6:00 PM, Tatsuro MATSUOKA <address@hidden> wrote:
<snipped the old post see: http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Package-installation-trouble-td4671036.html instead>

>From: Vinicio Serment Moreno

>To: Tatsuro MATSUOKA; help
>Date: 2015/6/23, Tue 01:06
>Subject: Re: Package installation trouble

>Hi Tatsuro, hoped you enjoyed your weekend.
>

>I'm sorry but when I type on:
>

>>> getevn('PATH')
>error: 'getevn' undefined near line 1 column 2
>

>I also created a copy of file octave_gui.bat to save it as octavetrick_gui.bat, and make the modifications you suggested, but still did not work. I attach the file to see whether I edited the correct code. However, I type:
>

>>>octavetrick_gui.bat
>error: 'octavetrick_gui' undefined near line 1 column 1
>

>Else, it would be a true shame I cannot use your freeware, you guys just did an amazing job and it looks really awesome.
>
>Thank you, have a nice day.
>

>Vinicio>From: Vinicio Serment Moreno
>To: Tatsuro MATSUOKA; help
>Date: 2015/6/23, Tue 01:06
>Subject: Re: Package installation trouble

>Hi Tatsuro, hoped you enjoyed your weekend.
>

>I'm sorry but when I type on:
>

>>> getevn('PATH')
>error: 'getevn' undefined near line 1 column 2
>

>I also created a copy of file octave_gui.bat to save it as octavetrick_gui.bat, and make the modifications you suggested, but still did not work. I attach the file to see whether I edited the correct code. However, I type:
>

>>>octavetrick_gui.bat
>error: 'octavetrick_gui' undefined near line 1 column 1
>

>Else, it would be a true shame I cannot use your freeware, you guys just did an amazing job and it looks really awesome.
>

>Thank you, have a nice day.
>

>Vinicio

I wrote two replies from my smart phone but I re-write them from PC.

>>> getevn('PATH')
>error: 'getevn' undefined near line 1 column 2

Sorry for mistype. "getevn" should be "getenv".
# The "getenv" function returns a string value of an environmental variable specified by an argument.

> I attach the file to see whether I edited the correct code.

I could not find an attachment file on the reply main nor Nabble ML archives.
Please send it again. If you cannot attach it, please just paste in the mail main text.

>Else, it would be a true shame I cannot use your freeware, you guys just did an amazing job and it looks really awesome.

> From previous post
>c:/anaconda3/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/4.7.0/../../../../x86_64-w64-mingw32/
>bin/ld.exe: skipping incompatible C:\Octave\Octave-4.0.0\lib/libmsvcrt.a when searching fo
>r -lmsvcrt

"your freeware"

NO! Octave is a free software for everyone who use it.
Many people are involved in the project like other projects.

The issue comes from the environmental variable interference between annaconda3 and octave.

My computers do not have annaconda and no problems occurred in pkg install.
Of course, I can say that annaconda is not also a crime of issue.

Do not misunderstand what is essential.
What is essential is to overcome the "path" interference on this issue.

Tatsuro

--
Vinicio Serment Moreno
PhD Student