Re: Please cooperate with me for octave 4 freezing issue (was Octave 4.0

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Please cooperate with me for octave 4 freezing issue (was Octave 4.0.0 freezes during start on win7)
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 16:38:33 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----

> From: inor0627
> To: help-octave
> Date: 2015/6/18, Thu 15:42
> Subject: Re: Please cooperate with me for octave 4 freezing issue (was Octave
> 4.0.0 freezes during start on win7)
>
> Hello Tatsuro,
>
> here are my procedure and results:
>
> 1. disable graphics driver in device manager
> 2. start installdir\octave.bat --> freeze
> 3. start installdir\bin\octave.exe and
> installdir\bin\octave-gui.exe -->
> both freeze
> 4. enable graphics driver, reboot
>
> 5. install jre-8u45-windows-x64
> 6. uninstall 4.0.0 (32), install 4.0.0 (64) (disabled "install for all
> users", "register .m file type with octave")
> 7. start installdir\octave.bat --> terminal popping up and closing
> immediately, leaving octave-gui.exe in process manager
> 8. starting installdir\bin\octave.exe, octave-cli.exe and octave-gui.exe
> -->
> all freeze
>
> Ingo

Ingo

Thank you for your cooperation.

My guess is not right.
The graphic driver seems not to be related for your freeze.

On your specified PC, octave-4.0.0 works only in safe mode.
Thus other driver(s) might be origin of your freeze.
To purchase further it takes a lot of time me and you.
Therefore I stop further investigation.

I will add your results to the bug tracker.

 http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?45312

I appreciate again for your taking time.
I hope that you can use octave ver. 4 for next release (4.0.1).

Kind Regards

Tatsuro