Re: octave script HELP

From: Thomas D. Dean
Subject: Re: octave script HELP
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 21:09:55 -0700

On 06/11/15 18:36, yasmin wrote:
I am new to both Bash and Octave so maybe i am really confused, but it's
not a must to make a bash script i can make a file as long as i can PASS
PARAMETERS TO IT, now why is my script.sh interpreted to bash ??
and correct me if i am wrong,

The script.sh file is interpreted by bash because of the first line,

#! /bin/bash

You can do all this, I think from within octave.

From an earlier email, you listed a file, where all the commands were octave commands, except the first line, which was the bash line from above.

Create a file that contains ONLY one line,

argv()

Then, from the command line, try

octave --no-init-file --no-gui xx.m arg1 arg2 arg3 arg4 5 6 7 8

Tom Dean