Re:

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re:
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 08:16:33 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----
>From: tim willaert
>To: help-octave
>Date: 2015/6/8, Mon 20:25
>

>Hi Tatsuro,Dmitry,
>I had read the help page about the command line you mentioned in your last post
>(namely
>http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Command-Line-Options.html#Command-Line-Options)
>  before, but what I was wondering about was not the options to the command,
>but about what I should do to be able to invoke octave just by the command
>‘octave’ rather than './octave-cli​‘ or even the full path to octave-cli? I
>read something about adding this to my path, how does one do this (in a safe
>way) on a mac Yosemite operating system? Thanks again and best regards, Tim

Please add subject title when posting to Octave ML from the next post

I did a small experiment, using small script "logs.m" on windows

 %  logs.m
 startf=2;
 endf=200;
 pt=10;
 fmul=(endf/startf)^(1/(pt-1));
 for n=0:pt-1;
  a(n+1)=startf*fmul^n;
 end
 save a.txt a
 % end of logs.m

logs.m is located at E:\usr\Tatsu\program\Octave\test3

and execute octave from windows command windows shell
(C:\octave\Octave-4.0.0\bin is the place where octave binaries are installed)

> cd C:\octave\Octave-4.0.0\bin
> C:
> octave --eval "cd E:/usr/Tatsu/program/Octave/test3;run logs.m"

> octave-cli --eval "cd E:/usr/Tatsu/program/Octave/test3;run logs.m"

octave and octave-cli worked in the same way.

HTH

Tatsuro