Re: Embedding octave - clean_up but Dont exit

From: sodjas
Subject: Re: Embedding octave - clean_up but Dont exit
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 05:53:28 -0700 (PDT)

Dear tails_naf,

Thank you for the quick answer, yes I googled yesterday for this and it
seems there is a patch initiative here:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/octave-maintainers/2009-05/msg00137.html

But there is no quick and elegant solution without patching the systems
itself.

My case is a bit more complicated becaus I'm using a stach like:

PHP - (PHPmodule + Octave) as .so - Matlab file (which is interpreted by
octave and returned to PHP)

So I have a native function and I'm not dealing with the lifecycle of the
process.

More to say PHP seems to act as daemon so I cannot init octave during every
request, but at startup and clean it up at shutdown.

My fear is that the interpreter part is not cleaned up after the requests so
it will eat the memory after some time, I'm monitoring this right now.

Paralelly I will study the patch thread and come back if I found somthin
interesting.

Best Regards,
sodjas