Re: docset for extra packages

From: Oliver Heimlich
Subject: Re: docset for extra packages
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 19:25:27 +0200

On 28.04.2015 15:32, Stephan Sahm wrote:
Dear all,

I just learned about Dash/Zeal and want to add a full octave documentation.

I found a octave docset here
https://github.com/obstschale/octave-docset, however it only includes
the standard packages. There is a way mentioned to generate the docset
manually via this python script
<https://github.com/obstschale/octave-docset/blob/master/octdoc2set.py> but
actually I wasn't able to find a complete online documentation INCLUDING
which I can feed into this python script. The official one
<http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/index.html> does not
include it.

Can anyone help? Complete Docset? Complete html document?

with best wishes,
Stephan

Stephan,

as far as I understand the script: It is supposed to feed the docset database from the Concept, Function and Operator Index in the official manual.

You have to download the following pages to the local directory used in the script (octave.docset/Contents/Resources/Documents):

http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Concept-Index.html
http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Function-Index.html
http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Operator-Index.html

Best regards