Re: Adding id3 type tags to flac, wav, or mp3 files

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Adding id3 type tags to flac, wav, or mp3 files
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 10:14:46 -0400

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 03:04:30 -0400, RT wrote:
> Yes this is what I'm trying to do but can this be done with Octave 3.8.1?
> I'm using octave from the ubuntu 14.04 repo's

No, this functionality is not available in 3.8.1. You can try compiling
some form of the new audio functions as external oct-files to work with
3.8.1. Or defer to external tools to work with the file formats you
want.

Btw, even with Octave 4.0.0 there is no support for mp3, but you will be
able to create and add tags to wav, flac, or ogg/vorbis files for
example.

--
mike