Re: Counting entries in cs-lists

From: Bård Skaflestad
Subject: Re: Counting entries in cs-lists
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 12:33:11 +0200

On 22/04/15 12:09, JokerOne wrote:

Is there a one-line solution to count the entries of a cs-list, e.g.

a(1).b.c = [1;2];
a(2).b.c = [3;4;5];

Now:
desired_function_or_line(a.b.c)
is suppose to yield :
5

I don't have a one-liner, but the following produces the result that I think you want. Do note, however, that this sequence is not general as it is *very* much dependent on knowing the exact shapes of your objects. The underlying technique is nevertheless applicable in other, similar situations.

   ab  = [ a.b ];
   cnt = numel(vertcat(ab.c))

Sincerely,
--