Re: xlsread function undefined

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: xlsread function undefined
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 10:16:15 -0700 (PDT)

George Farmer wrote
> Apologies, a typo at my end - I meant .xlsm.
>
> Thank you for the information regarding xls, appreciated.

I suppose .xslm files can be read by xlsread w/o Java dependencies - that
is, I think it should be able to extract the data. Never tried as I have no
.xlsm files at hand.
If it turns out to be not so, you can install the required Apache POI Java
class libs as Tatsuro mentioned.

BTW the windows package has been patched in MXE, so in the
binary-installer-to-come it's expected to work with MS-Excel I suppose.

Philip