callbacks on zoom/pan etc.

From: Richard Lang
Subject: callbacks on zoom/pan etc.
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 13:44:06 +1200

Octave 3.8.2

Been looking at some MatLab code that dynamically regenerates axis tick labels as graph figures are panned/zoomed.  The code includes the following statement to register a callback function

    set(zoom(hAxes),'ActionPostCallback',@ZoomHandler);

This isn't supported in Octave, I get a message regarding zoom() not yet being implemented,  and googling "octave ActionPostCallback" returns zero useful hits so imagine it isn't either.

Had a bit of a look at the addlistener function and figure/axes properties, but nothing leaped out at me as particularly relevant, Is there currently any feasible way of doing this sort of thing in Octave?

thx.

Richard.