A tale of two errors?

From: David Jackson
Subject: A tale of two errors?
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 17:17:15 +0000 (UTC)

Howdy,
For some reason I volunteer to take a crack at converting the attached script to Octave? Which was kind of odd, since I have no experence with neither Matlab or Octave?? However take a look at the FAQ...

The attached script is used to adjust daily/monthly/yearly sunspot count for the American Association of Variable Star Observers. The other

Two common Matlab conversion questions:
Line 71: Matlab-style short circuit.

Line 273, 318, 267 : Nested  functions not implemented in this context?

I and the AAVSO would be greatful if someone would correct the errors in the script.

Thanks inadvance,
David Jackson