xlsread function undefined

From: Marco Magliulo
Subject: xlsread function undefined
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 06:55:53 +0000

I would like to import data of .xlsx files and stock them into arrays.

To do so, I have learned that I needed to import the IO package, and so I did.

However, I do not know what to do with the package.I have stored the  io-2.2.7.tar.gz ( I don’t know if it is normal but io-2.2.6 was already present, maybe I need to get rid of it to avoid conflict) file into the .src folder and run build.package.m as a script in octave.

But still, when I call the xlsread function in my scripts, the function xls read is not defined. Maybe I should have done something else. Could you please help me into that matter ?

Sorry if the question sounds stupid, I am freshly new user.

Kind regards,

Marco Magliulo