How do you create an Array<octave_idx_type> in an .oct file?

From: babelproofreader
Subject: How do you create an Array<octave_idx_type> in an .oct file?
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 16:07:16 -0700 (PDT)

I'd like to use the Array octave_idx_type as an index vector to insert a
matrix into an NDArray ( see
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19273053/write-to-a-matrix-in-oct-file-without-looping?rq=1
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19273053/write-to-a-matrix-in-oct-file-without-looping?rq=1>

) as in

A.insert( B , Array<octave_idx_type> ) ;

where the array A is 3-dimensional. I know that I can use

A.insert( B , 0 , 0 ) ;

to insert into the first "page" but it is important that I be able to insert
into the other pages of A in a loop, presumably by changing the idx_vector
values for the page once in each loop.

How do I create this idx_type array?

Note! This has also been cross posted to
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29572075/how-do-you-create-an-arrayoctave-idx-type-in-an-oct-file
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29572075/how-do-you-create-an-arrayoctave-idx-type-in-an-oct-file>