Re: Video package not working

From: JohnD
Subject: Re: Video package not working
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 12:35:50 -0400

> Message: 4
> Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 13:32:24 +0400
> From: Nasreen P <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Video package not working
>
> Dear Developers,
>
> I am working on my academic project and I want to convert the Matlab
project
> in Ocatave. I tried to read the video in octave and it is showing error
always.
> Libaavformat missing error.
>

> Can you help me to solve the matter - as it is must to finish my academic
project
> on time.
>
> For your kind consideration...
>

> Regards,
>
> Nasreen

It sounds like you are missing avformat library?
What version of octave are you using? What OS.

Is using the video package in octave, it appears in the unmaintained list,
which probably will mean that that the state of the package may not be good.

If the required library is not installed, you will need to install it on
your system, either from packages/installer for your OS, or from getting the
source and compiling it.
A quick google shows that it is probally this:
https://www.ffmpeg.org/libavformat.html, so your best bet would be to start
there.