Re: gnuplot not working on Mac OSX 10.9.5

From: Vic Norton
Subject: Re: gnuplot not working on Mac OSX 10.9.5
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2015 13:51:39 -0400

On Apr 6, 2015, at 12:46 PM, Carlo De Falco <address@hidden> wrote:

> you are probably not using the gnuplot version packaged in the Octave bundle,
> try the approach suggested by Ben to check:
>
> [a,b] = system("which gnuplot")

Hi Carlo,

I had disabled the gnuplot version packaged with your Octave bundle. I didn't
know how to use it. When I execute
  octave> [a,b] = system("which gnuplot")
I get
  a = 0
  b = /opt/local/bin/gnuplot

Now I have added the qt variant to my MacPorts gnuplot. The command
  octave> [a,b] = system("which gnuplot")
still produces the above output, but now
  octave> setenv GNUTERM qt
  octave> figure (1)
  octave> clf ()
  octave> plot (rand (3))