Re: gnuplot not working on Mac OSX 10.9.5

From: Vic Norton
Subject: Re: gnuplot not working on Mac OSX 10.9.5
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2015 10:53:40 -0400

I have problems with qt:
   octave> setenv GNUTERM qt
   octave> figure (1)
   Unknown or ambiguous terminal name 'qt'
This aquaterm solution works for me
1. install macports
   see <https://www.macports.org/install.php>
2. install gnuplot from macports
   $ sudo port install gnuplot +aquaterm+luaterm+pangocairo+wxwidgets+x11
3. disable your current gnuplot
   /usr/local/octave/3.8.0/bin/gnuplot
   by appending an "X" or something to "gnuplot"
4. in ~/.gnuplot put the line
   set loadpath '/opt/local/bin/gnuplot'
5. in ~/.octaverc put the lines
   gnuplot_binary ("/opt/local/bin/gnuplot");
   graphics_toolkit gnuplot;
   setenv GNUTERM aqua;

Regards,

Vic