Re: Octave 4.0 on Mac 10.10

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Octave 4.0 on Mac 10.10
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 09:38:17 -0500

> On Feb 27, 2015, at 3:45 AM, Sebastian Schöps <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Dear Mac-Octavers,
>
> I am currently using an octave build compiled by clang from the
> gui-release-branch supplied by homebrew on Yosemite. This used to work
> nicely (besides some minor gui bugs). However, the default development
> branch does not compile for me at all. I guess this is rather a problem of
> the interplay of clang with octave than a Yosemite issue. It seems that a
> lot of people are struggling with Octave on the Mac. Thus, before I invest a
> lot of time (e.g. changing from brew to macports etc.), I wanted to ask what
> is your status?
>
> What is the plan for 4.0? Offering a precompiled build or helping brew or
> Macports? Is somebody working on this, e.g., Carlo - I recall that you were
> stuck on 10.9?
>
> Bye,
> Sebastian

Hi Sabastian,

I'm also running Yosemite.

I'm able to build and run the stable branch using Fink for the dependencies.
I'm also able to build and run on Macports. However using Macports, I
experienced some crashes.

The default branch does not compile for me on Yosemite, but I am (was) able to
build and run on Mavericks.

Regarding prebuild app, my recollection is that Carlo was planning to use
Macports and build on Mavericks.

Ben