Octave 4.0 on Mac 10.10

From: Sebastian Schöps
Subject: Octave 4.0 on Mac 10.10
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 00:45:13 -0800 (PST)

Dear Mac-Octavers,

I am currently using an octave build compiled by clang from the
gui-release-branch supplied by homebrew on Yosemite. This used to work
nicely (besides some minor gui bugs). However, the default development
branch does not compile for me at all. I guess this is rather a problem of
the interplay of clang with octave than a Yosemite issue. It seems that a
lot of people are struggling with Octave on the Mac. Thus, before I invest a
lot of time (e.g. changing from brew to macports etc.), I wanted to ask what
is your status?

What is the plan for 4.0? Offering a precompiled build or helping brew or
Macports? Is somebody working on this, e.g., Carlo - I recall that you were
stuck on 10.9?

Bye,
Sebastian