Re: Can I remove the bw_... part of the parallel package?

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Can I remove the bw_... part of the parallel package?
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 23:44:42 +0000

On Fri, 20 Feb 2015 18:36:54 +0100, Olaf Till wrote
> (using the help-list to reach more people), would anyone object if I
> removed the part of the parallel package with the bw_...() functions?
> The bw_-part is what I made only by myself a longer time ago, but the
> concept is rather esoteric (using an unreliable cluster for longer
> single operations with a self-made interface), I doubt that anyone but
> myself ever used it, and I even myself didn't use it anymore for a
> considerable time.
>
> I wouldn't even think it's worth depricating it before removal, but
> that's OFs policy ...

It is not OF policy, it is just highly recommended in any software.
What happens is up to you, the maintainer.  But unless there's any
work involved in maintaining the functions for another cycle as
deprecated (like they need fixes for new Octave versions), why not
keeping them?

Carnë