Re: octave-htmldoc

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: octave-htmldoc
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 15:21:45 -0500

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 15:02:35 -0500, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
> On Fri, 2015-02-20 at 19:14 +0100, Dr.-Ing. Dieter Jurzitza wrote:
>> maybe this would break the apt - system, but would make the octave
>> info system work again, specifically if you are using the octave
>> gui.
>
> Then this is a Debian packaging bug. They should not be providing
> texinfo files that Octave itself can't read. Please report this bug to
> Debian.

This has been fixed since Debian version 3.8.2-3. This version is
available in both Debian and Ubuntu, but not Ubuntu 14.04 or 14.10.
Please report an Ubuntu bug actually, if you want this fix backported
to one of those Ubuntu versions (and I'll probably be the one to
respond).

> We should also patch the Octave GUI to be able to read compress
> texinfo files. I thought it already did. This is an Octave bug. Please
> report it to us.

Yes, this would be nice to fix for the upcoming 4.0 release. I am not
sure if it already has been fixed or not, but there was definitely an
open bug report about it.

--
mike