Re: Autosaving plots after each modification

From: Alex K
Subject: Re: Autosaving plots after each modification
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 07:26:22 +0000

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the reply! For more context, I'm trying to make octave auto-save plots to files on the disk every time they are updated. I've tried addlistener but it doesn't seem to work:

  function my_handler
    fprintf ("my_handler called\n");
  endfunction
  addlistener (gcf, "children", address@hidden, "my string"})
  sombrero

the handler is not getting called.

Best,
Alex

On Wed Feb 11 2015 at 4:36:55 PM Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Feb 11, 2015, at 1:39 PM, Alex K <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> Is it possible to run a custom function every time any plot is changed? For example, when running `plot`, `axis` etc., if they modify a figure on the screen I would like to detect that and save it to a new file.
>
> I use gnuplot as backend, so any solution involving configuring gnuplot will also work for me.
>
> Thanks!
> Alex

If you can provide mode details, someone may have a more efficient solution … but for a general solution I’d add a listener to the figures “children” property.

See “help addlistener” to see how to do that.

Ben