Re: liboctave-dev: #include bugs

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: liboctave-dev: #include bugs
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 09:32:34 -0500

Hi Aidan, please always reply to the list so others can offer help and
benefit from the discussion. Adding the list back to cc.

On Wed, Feb 04, 2015 at 22:42:54 -0800, Aidan Macdonald wrote:
> I was working of a program that would read files generated by octave. It
> was simply to interface with Octave files, but never actually be a part of
> Octave. If that is not something normally done, then I guess this can be
> ignored.

Sure, I think that is something that sounds reasonable to do.

> I believe I used the following. I will have to check tomorrow at work to be
> sure.
> g++ -std=c++11 -I/usr/include/octave-3.8.1/ -c <file> -lm -lpthreads -ldl
> -loctave -loctinterp

I didn't mean the particular include files you used, I meant the
commands and options you used to try to build the program. Have you read

  https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Standalone-Programs.html

which suggests using `mkoctfile --link-stand-alone` for this purpose?

The point is, you should have a `-I/usr/include/octave-3.8.1/octave`
option on your command line also. And mkoctfile already knows how to do
that correctly for you. So the changes to include files that you made
are not necessary.

--
mike