[Q:] How to use "xlswrite()" in Octave on Mac OS X Mavericks?

From: TAISO, Renpoo
Subject: [Q:] How to use "xlswrite()" in Octave on Mac OS X Mavericks?
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 14:38:37 +0900

Hi there!
I'm new to here, and my name is Renpoo.

I'm a norvice user of Octave for a few months, and want to do some
signal processing job for a project. In the proj., I've already borrowed
some programs from my colleague and those codes are using the structured
data to contain every kind of resulting parameters.

I want to examine these resulting data in the Excel, since it is too
much amount and hard to examine in the "Workspace" window.

But the output command "xlswrite()" cannot work well with Octave 3.8.0
(GUI) on Mavericks.
If I want to use it, first of all, I have to install Java package, but I
can't, even though my Mac had already been installed the Java 1.6.0. as
Java Virtual Machine.

So, what should I do?
Is there any way to use xlswrite() in Octave on my Mac?
Or, is there another method useful to display/write-to-file those
resulting (structured) data?

Thanks in advance,
Renpoo