Re: fsolve() not adjusting all function variables

From: gerritb
Subject: Re: fsolve() not adjusting all function variables
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 08:03:04 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Kai,

You have scolded me on my programming style but haven't solved the problem.
R is still unchanged by fsolve().  You changed the original value to match
the guess value, so the fit comes out better, but the guess is still not
changing.  Change the definition of R on line 7 of prog.m back to 50 and you
can see the problem clearly.

I don't like global variables either.  This script was based on a suggestion
by Dr. Hajek, the author of fsolve(), in
http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Re-fitting-functions-which-contain-i-more-details-td1634609.html
.  Once I have the test running I will clean it up.

There is nothing inherently wrong with nesting functions, is there?  The Zc
and Zl functions are general purpose functions I copied from elsewhere.

Gerrit