Re: Compile an Octave script to c or c++/ Embed Octave functions in a c

From: Richard Kirk
Subject: Re: Compile an Octave script to c or c++/ Embed Octave functions in a c (or c++) code
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 17:55:31 +0100

On 25 Aug 2014, at 13:46, JokerOne wrote:

1.) Are there any ways to compile an octave.m file to - say- c or c++ ? (I
guess there are none, but maybe I am wrong?).

Mathematica has a good way of saving a function as C++ or Fortran. That's probably where you got the idea from. Matlab does not do this, and nor does Octave as far as I know.

2.) Are there ways to call Octave functions from within a c (or c++) code?
A brief answer with some links to more information are very appreciated. Thx

Not directly, as far as I know. I have a C++ imaging program where I can do processing in Octave, but I have made my program take files from Matlab, and not the other way around. I wanted to process images in the various motion picture formats, I got my program to read them, and then send them to Octave, and then send the results back the other way. You might be able to do do this.

If you tell us what you want to do, then this might help.

Cheers.
Richard Kirk

---
FilmLight Ltd, Artists House, 14-15 Manette Street, London W1D 4AP
Tel: +44 (0)20 7292 0400  Fax: +44 (0)20 7292 0401