Re: Plotting with MacPorts Octave 3.8

From: Vic Norton
Subject: Re: Plotting with MacPorts Octave 3.8
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 17:48:44 -0400

On Aug 13, 2014, at 7:41 AM, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 12 Aug 2014, at 20:03, Vic Norton <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I have no problems with the Octave 3.8.0 installed via the binary installer
>> at Octave Forge
>
> In the binary installer I force Octave to plot using the gnuplot backend
> and I force gnuplot to use the Qt terminal, try doing the same with the
> macports version:
>
> close all
> graphics_toolkit gnuplot
> putenv GNUTERM qt

Unfortunately this doesn't help:

  octave> close all
  octave> graphics_toolkit gnuplot
  octave> putenv GNUTERM qt
  octave> plot ([3,2,5])
  ^C^CPress Control-C again to abort.
  ^Cpanic: Interrupt: 2 -- stopping myself...
  attempting to save variables to 'octave-workspace'...
  save to 'octave-workspace' complete

Essentially nothing is saved to 'octave-workspace'.

http://tinyurl.com

--
Vic