How to link two oct files

From: gumlym
Subject: How to link two oct files
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 07:15:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hello

I have two oct files, in which I have two functions, defined by DEFUN_DLD. I
also have a static variable defined in one of the .cc files. The thing is
that in the c specification it says that :

static int shared = 3;     /* This is the file-scope variable (with internal
linkage),
                            * visible only in this compilation unit.
                            */

Which, given that each oct file is compiled individually, means that the
variable is only visible in the oct file in which it was declared. How can I
compile (or link) two oct files together so that I can use that static
variable in both of them?

Thank you!