Re: installing java and apache for using spreadsheet I/O

From: rcharan51
Subject: Re: installing java and apache for using spreadsheet I/O
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 00:22:08 -0700 (PDT)

Still the same warning

octave-3.6.4.exe:3> pkg load io
octave-3.6.4.exe:4> a=xlsread('first.xls');
Detected XLS interfaces: None.
warning: xlsopen.m: no support for Excel .xls I/O
warning: xlsread: some elements in list of return values are undefined
octave-3.6.4.exe:5> pkg load windows
octave-3.6.4.exe:6> a=xlsread('first.xls');
Detected XLS interfaces: None.
warning: xlsopen.m: no support for Excel .xls I/O
warning: xlsread: some elements in list of return values are undefined
octave-3.6.4.exe:7>

what to do to get xlsread and write working ?