Re: Generating package HTML for Octave Forge

From: Daniel Kraft
Subject: Re: Generating package HTML for Octave Forge
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 10:05:27 +0200

Hi!

On 2014-06-05 15:19, Mike Miller wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 05, 2014 at 12:58:49 +0200, Daniel Kraft wrote:
>> 1) For functions with multiple signatures (for instance,
>> ls_solve_stationary [4]), the HTML looks very odd (with the second
>> signature intended).  It looks fine in Octave's help.  Is this expected
>> behaviour of generate_html, or is my Texinfo syntax wrong to produce
>> this kind of output?
>>
>>   [4] http://extra.domob.eu/level-set/function/ls_solve_stationary.html
>
> I suspect this may be due to Texinfo 5. Are you able to run
> generate_html using Texinfo 4? I keep a copy of Texinfo 4.13 around and
> set Octave's makeinfo_program to point to it when building package HTML.
> I don't remember specifically which problems were due to Texinfo 5, but
> there are some.

My system's Texinfo is already version 4.13, so unfortunately this
doesn't help.  I think I'll leave it for now, as this is only a "minor"
issue until I find out what the problem is.

>> 2) A lot of functions have demos, but with *none* of them the resulting
>> HTML includes a correct picture.  Is this a problem with my installation
>> of generate_html, or a bug in it?  It happens even if I add a trivial
>> demo like
>>
>>   x = linspace (-pi, pi, 100);
>>   plot (x, sin (x));
>
> And I think this is due to FLTK not being able to print non-visible
> figures. If you set graphics_toolkit to gnuplot for building package
> HTML docs you should get the correct demo plots.

This helps perfectly, thanks!  With setting the graphics toolkit to
Gnuplot, the demo graphics are created nicely.

Yours,
Daniel

--
http://www.domob.eu/