Re: Dicom package on Mac OS X

From: Sebastian Schöps
Subject: Re: Dicom package on Mac OS X
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 15:49:48 +0200

I am out of ideas. The problem of missing symbols (e.g.
"_CFBundleCopyExecutableURL") is probably because of overwriting the
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH but might be also due to mixing compilers. However, I was not
able to compile gdcm with the gcc in /usr/local/octave/3.8.0/bin. Maybe Carlo
has some ideas.

If you really need the package, I propose to compile Octave using brew
(http://www.brew.sh). This compiles here (using the patched version) without
problems and this has the advantage that you do not have multiple compilers on
you machine.