Re: Dicom package on Mac OS X

From: c.
Subject: Re: Dicom package on Mac OS X
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 12:35:54 +0200

Hi,

Please remember to cc the list when answering.

On 4 Jun 2014, at 12:26, Miloslav Polasek <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> thanks.
>
> Yes, I installed Octave from the dmg file. What would you suggest? Should I
> try to uninstall Octave and try to compile it from the source code? How long
> can the whole process take?
> Or is it possible just to disable gcc?

actually I suggest you do the opposite, i.e. try to compile
all libraries you need to link to using gcc rather than clang.

this essentially means adding /usr/local/octave/3.8.0/bin to your path
and defining a few environment variables so that libraries and headers
in /usr/local/octave/3.8.0/ are used first.

The reason why I am using gcc is that Octave needs a fortran compiler
to be built, and I never managed to make clang work well with libraries
built with gfortran (although this is theoretically meant to be possible).

> M.
c.