Re: Using mldivide function of Octave in C++?

From: Jeremy Yan
Subject: Re: Using mldivide function of Octave in C++?
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 12:49:39 -0400

Dear c.

Thanks for your reply! I really want to use bottom posting to make the discussion convenient. But I am sorry I don't know how to set it. I think my question really is how to use the Fmldivide function. I don't know what are the right arguments in octave_value_list Fmldivide (const octave_value_list & =octave_value_list(), int =0) for solving a simple Ax=b equation. I apologize for my repetitive questions. I just hope to be clear  and understand better of Octave. Thank you so much!

Best regards,
Jeremy

On Sun, Jun 1, 2014 at 2:37 AM, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

>> On 31 May 2014, at 04:26, Jeremy Yan <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Sir/Madam,
>>>
>>> I am a physics student new to Octave. I am using C++ to program, but now I need to solve a sparse linear equation. I find Octave mldivide function is very powerful. I spend a long time to read your instruction, but I still couldn't figure it out how to use the mldivide function of Octave in C++.
>>>
>>> Could you please send me a simple sample code about using mldivide function of Octave in C++?
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Jeremy
>>
>> This presentation:
>> http://wiki.octave.org/wiki/images/b/b0/Slides_octconf_gdf_jgh.pdf
>>
>> contains an example in the section: "Octave and C++"
>>
>> HTH,
>> c.

Please include the list in CC when replying
and use bottom-posting, i.e. put your answer BELOW
the preceding message.

On 1 Jun 2014, at 05:07, Jeremy Yan <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear HTH,
>
> Thank you so much for the reference! I followed the  "liboctave" and  tried to run the sample code on my Mac OS X, but there are some errors.
>
> 1.  I installed the Octave on my mac, but when I type "mkoctfile --link-stand-alone standalone.cc ",  it shows mkoctfile: command not found

You should make sure "mkoctfile" is in you path.
If you installed Octave via the dmg installer from Octave Forge,
it means you have to add "/usr/local/octave/3.8.0/bin/" to the PATH
variable.

> 2.  I tried to use g++ to first compile standalone, but it shows 2 errors as follows.  1) 'config.h' file not found with <angle> include; use "quotes" instead. 2) fatal error: 'hdft.h' file not found.
>
> Can you please help me? Thank you so much!
>
> Best,
> Jeremy

c.

--