Migrating to 3.8 GUI version

From: Colin Beckingham
Subject: Migrating to 3.8 GUI version
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 11:20:17 -0500

Many thanks for the 3.8 version. I have it working, both CLI and GUI, on
openSUSE 13.1. This version seems to have resolved my longstanding issue
with sporadically poor plot window control. I'm looking forward to
delving deeper into the capabilities of the GUI.

One of the issues that arises when migrating from a CLI version to GUI
is the handling of pauses. It is convenient to stop a script to see what
is happening from time to time. In CLI mode the pause is good (provided
it works consistently) but in GUI mode it might be better to have a
breakpoint. Pauses are particularly confusing in GUI since if you are
working from the editor the script can stop without warning and since
the message to continue is sent to the CLI window you can miss it
completely.

I tried replacing the pause()s with keyboard()s but this made things
worse since a keyboard() command seems to be different from a
breakpoint.

How to replace pause()s with breakpoints in an efficient manner (ie
find/replace)?