Re: Equivalent RandStream() in Octave?

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Equivalent RandStream() in Octave?
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 19:42:14 -0500

On Wed, 2013-12-25 at 23:51 -0800, lisa_octave wrote:
> My classmate used RandStream() to generate a series of random seeds,
> but I have no matlab.. I use Octave and it is not defined there.

There is no equivalent in Octave yet, but the function is typically
not that essential. You can probably modify the original code to not
use RandStream at all. Unless you're doing some intense cryptography,
you would should not notice a huge difference in most applications if
you remove the references to RandStream.

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.