Re: Oct file unload?

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Oct file unload?
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 22:57:16 +0100

On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 10:46 PM, marcimatz <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello Juan Pablo,
>
> thanks for your quick reply.
> I tried to use:
>
> autoload("startCommunicationThread","remove"), but Octave complains:
>
> warning: autoload: 'remove' is not an absolute file name.
>
> About your patch: even if it works, I cannot ask all people that will use my
> software to apply it: it should work out of the box with a default installed
> octave.
>
> Cheers,
> Marc
>

> --

Hi,

If you test the patch then the Octave community will be thankful to
you cause you got some work out of their hands. If it works for you
then the patch may make its way to the default branch faster and it
will be released in the next version of octave.

If you are going to distribute your software you can, without any
problem, distribute the patch (or a modified one) as well and give
people the instructions on how to apply it. Though this is not the
best solution it is "a" solution. This patch in particular doesn't
break API, I think.

Cheers