plot stopped working, but in just one directory (folder)

From: A B
Subject: plot stopped working, but in just one directory (folder)
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 06:45:43 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I have ben using Octave-3.2.4 for some time without problem, plot function included.
All of  a sudden the plot function does not produce a plot, instead I get the error

warning: and: some elements in the list of return values are undefined
error: A(I) = X: X must have the same size as I
error: called from:
(and then it gives the location of findobj.m etc etc)

Even the simplest plot call does not work ( e.g. x=[1:3]; plot(x)  )

I am using the command prompt in Win XP.  For an Octave session I cd down to the
directory of the project that I am working on.  Funny thing: this happens in just one
directory and directories below it.  If invoke plot from any other directory, it  works.
Clearing the workspace does not help.  I even downloaded a newer version
 - Octave-3.6.4, and it does the same thing.

Any ideas about what is happening?

Help much appreciated.

Buddy