Re: Fwd: Re: Problems with printed figures

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Problems with printed figures
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 20:49:17 -0600

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 8:12 PM, Terry Duell <address@hidden> wrote:

I am not having any success loading eps into LibreOffice, so unless that can be remedied I don't think eps is a solution.
Not sure how pdf helps me.
Due to the number of figures generated for any particular analysis, any intermediate steps to alter or convert the image files is really out of the question, unless it can be done via a script.
Thanks for your suggestions.

I can import eps files produced with "-depscairo" into LO. The LO handling of eps is somewhat involved
though (what you see on the screen is a bitmap preview of the postscript file, unfortunately if you do
"Export to PDF" that same bitmap is being used, so you need to print to file using a generic postscript
printer and then convert output to pdf etc...

You can try "emf" and when everything else fails there is always "png".

Dmitri.