Re: Fwd: Re: Problems with printed figures

From: Terry Duell
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Problems with printed figures
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2013 13:12:50 +1100

On Fri, 06 Dec 2013 19:58:41 +1100, Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden> wrote:

I know this sounds like mor ework, but at the  end is the fastest and
more effective way I know to get high-quality customized plots.

- print as svg from Octave
- Open the svg and improve, prune the plot and do what you want using Inkscape
- Save the svg to any format you like. Inkscape uses cairo for most
exports and it works pretty well. If you export to pdf you will get
not compressed pdf that can make the file big sometimes. For that
export to eps and then use epstopdf to get a compressed pdf.

Hope this helps you.

I am not having any success loading eps into LibreOffice, so unless that can be remedied I don't think eps is a solution.
Not sure how pdf helps me.
Due to the number of figures generated for any particular analysis, any intermediate steps to alter or convert the image files is really out of the question, unless it can be done via a script.
Thanks for your suggestions.

Cheers,
--
Regards,