Re: help

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: help
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 07:22:00 -0800 (PST)

"Maximilian Schäkel" wrote
> Hello,
>

> I have an ASCII file with lots of data, I would like to examine one by
> one.
> How can I read only the first 1000 data from that file?
> Is there an extra command, or can I determine when scanned?

It depends on what the data file looks like.

Others have suggested "load" and "dlmread". These work OK for files with
(only) numeric data.

For data files with text strings/labels on each line, have a look at
textread and textscan.

For more control you could open the file with fopen() -don't forget to close
later with fclose()- and then read line by line with fgetl().

Philip